Friday, June 13, 2008

Here Come The Professionals Part II (AKA, Is That The Best You Can DO?)

After eight years of George Bush as President, six of which featured a Republican dominated congress, what exactly can the Republicans rally around this election cycle against the Democrats and Barack Obama?

The war? That's a no go. The economy? Probably not. Education? Health Care? Environmental Issues? No, no, and hell no. So what does that leave?


Oh yeah, he's Black.

So is his wife. They attended a Black church. And, (John McCain will like this one) did you know he's fathered a Black child? Two actually. And he probably listens to rap music sometimes.

Well, I told folks a few weeks back that if they were upset by the tactics of the Clinton campaign team, just wait until the professional race-baiters got into the game. It looks like they've arrived.

Fox News posted this graphic today during a segment featuring Michelle Malkin.


Obama's Baby Mama. Ain't that about a..., wait, I won't even take it there. But this is pathetic. A Baby Mama typically is used in reference to mother of a child that the father did not marry, which is definitely not the case with the Obama's. But I guess I don't expect Fox News to know or care about that. In fact, how a person can watch more than 15 consecutive minutes of Fox News is beyond me. It takes all types, and types that Fox News attracts will eat this 'controversy' up.

I suppose the graphic has already served it's purpose. Namely, we're all talking about it. But I think that Fox and the Republican noise machine are going to have to come a lot harder than this or their other recent efforts if they really want to influence the opinion of anyone outside of their core viewing audience.

Think about it, what was last week's controversy? Oh yeah, the "Terrorist Fist Jab," otherwise known as dap or a pound where I'm from.

And before that is was Michelle allegedly calling White people "whitey" live on tape while seated next to Minister Farrakhan. That blockbuster tape was supposed to be released just in time to swing the Democratic nomination to Hillary, or it's being held as an 'October Surprise.' We're still waiting to see the alleged tape, which I highly doubt exists.

But I digress. This is just the beginning of the general election campaign so brace yourself for more shocking revelations about Black people, and plenty of slurs. In other words, much like a post-Bush, McCain presidency would bring, we have a lot more of the same coming.

The country deserves better than that.

3 comments:

monimtw said...

hello,
This is monish the owner of http://www.hybridcarsonline.blogspot.com

I came through your blog accidently,but some how your blog kept me there for long.that why iam comenting on your topic.

its really good and iam happy to see such blogs here online.good keepup the work..
all the best..
i will come back to your blog frequently
monish

Anonymous said...

monimtw - thank you for coming through and for your comment. I hope you make it back it back soon, and I will visit your blog soon as well.

Big Tex - I think its going to get crazier before its all over, especially if Mr. Dirty Tricks Rove joins the McCain campaign. I agree that as long as we hang together, we'll win this thing.

monish said...

would you like to link with my site at http://www.demureholidays.com

if yes get back to me soon.
james