Friday, June 20, 2008

Musical Interlude: Old School Friday - Gospel/Inspirational Songs

Some of you know a little bit better than others but this has been a looong week for me, and I consider this weeks theme as my personal gift from God. Hearing all of these wonderful inspirational songs is a blessing. However I wouldn't be truthful if I told you that every religious song inspired me, in fact many positive songs just move my heart and make me feel humble and human.

So I have to go for two of my favorite inspirational songs one religious, and one none religious.






So have a wonderful weekend everyone and don't forget to check out the rest of the Old School Crew

Electronic Village - Chatting Over Cocktails - Ms Grapevine - Quick - Marcus LANGFORD - Cassandra - Danielle-Lisa C -Chocl8t - DP - Kreative Talk -MarvalusOne - Regina - LaShonda -AJ - Sharon - Invisible Woman - Believer 1964 -Dee - SJP - sHaE-sHaE - Songs In the Key of Life - Shawn - Hagar’s Daughter - freshandfab - Creole Pimp - Wonderland or Not

8 comments:

HeyShae! said...

I agree. It doesn't necessarily have to be gospel to be inspirational, but your choices definitely get the point across. Great selections.

Marvalus said...

What great choices...I love the Whitney (my favorite song off the soundtrack) and Bob Marley's Redemption Song strikes close to my heart...

Happy OSF! Have a great weekend!

Kim said...

There is nobody like Bob Marley. Great choice. And I absolutely just loved "The Preacher's Wife" soundtrack. The last time Whitney was really sangin'. "I Love the Lord" was probably my favorite on the album.

The Punkin Patch

Danielle said...

My family are huge fans of Bob and this is our ultimate favorite.

Brightest of blessings.

In light and love

Danielle

Quick said...

I love the Lord...he heard my cry! Whitney better sing!

Edirin said...

whitney whitney...she was really amazing back in the day...she is just something else, her voice gives me instant goosebumps, loved it

have a nice weekend. great selections

Believer said...

I agree, I can be moved also by music selections that are not considered religious, gospel, or inspirational genres.

God inspires the artist. Therefore, if we listen we can hear a message of worth through a positive tune.

Good choices! Praying for Whitney to show up and show off her gifts again.

Anonymous said...

'The Preachers Wife' was just on TBS last week...what a coincidence!

:::Marcus LANGFORD:::