Tuesday, April 15, 2008

That Home Made Jam Recipe

As promised here is that homemade STRAWBERRY & KIWI jam recipe. After making this jam you won't ever want the store bought stuff again.......................well unless your in a meeting and the only thing they offer you are those little jam packets that are packed with sugar and not much fruit.

I used:

6 cups cut up strawberries and 2 Kiwi to make 3 - 9 oz jars
1/2 -1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup but you can add up to 1 cup)
2 Tbls lemon Juice
Simmer ingredients in large pan for 10 minutes - 15 minutes or until you get a jam like consistency.

While berries are cooking boil your glasses in hot water.
Place mixture in the glass jars and either place in warm hot water for 10 minutes. Now if you plan to keep in the refrigerator there is no need for the last water bath.
Allow to cool completely before storing in the pantry or the refrigerate.
Happy Jamming.
--

4 comments:

Blinders Off said...

After my terrifying experience last week. I am researching information on detoxing my body before starting a new treatment to slow the progression of my disease.

I hope you put up more recipes like this, I believe jam I make myself will be better for me after I detox my system.

BTW: Thanks for your comment, you don't have to me a MS'er to visit :)

DP said...

Jam, oh Jam, Jam, TGB jam for me!

Just kidding, I'm getting ready for Old School Friday.

I've tried this jam y'all and it's the real deal. All natural and tasty to boot. Now if I could just get That Girl Boo to market the stuff...

That Girl Boo said...

@ DP do you know how many jars of jam I would have to sell in order to make $20

That Girl Boo said...

Hang in there Blinders Off, go slow
relax everyday is brand new when it comes to change
-try to eat plenty of raw foods because it's easier for your body to received the needed nutrients & process the rest

-remember to drink plenty of water that will help aid your body in getting rid of toxins