Friday, April 25, 2008

Musical Interlude: Old School Friday - Men With Perms

Today's theme of Men With Perms was a pretty difficult one to make song choices for. I mean, you know every other person will have a Prince video up. So I decided to go a different direction and post a group of men with perms. Here's Morris Day and the Time with one of their first hits; The Walk. And a veritable potpourri of men with perms.



Had to go even further back for this next one, but after you see it, you'll know where Morris Day got the inspiration for his pompadour from. James Brown. Here he is in black and white performing "I Feel Good."



Alright, that's it for me this week. What do you think? And don't forget to check out the other Old School Friday participants.

Electronic Village - Chatting Over Cocktails - Ms Grapevine - Quick - Marcus LANGFORD - Cassandra - Danielle-Lisa C -Chocl8t - DP - Kreative Talk -MarvalusOne - Regina - LaShonda -AJ - Sharon - Invisible Woman - Rosemarie-Dee - SJP - sHaE-sHaE - Songs In the Key of Life - Shawn - Hagar’s Daughter - freshandfab

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! "The Walk" I can't stop laughing.

Go James Go! look at how those feet move

Anonymous said...

I chose Morris Day too, but I went with the slow side. How many dance songs did he come up with? Morris Day and The Time are one of my all time favorites. I'm not really sure why, but I'm a little obsessed with them.

Marvalus said...

Morris is rocking that hair! I can't stop laughing...

SjP said...

MD is just too cool! SjP

HeyShae! said...

OK, how about some dude at work was doing the Oak Tree in the cafeteria today. Some folks you can't take anywhere... BUT it was an ode to The Time.. and Morris Day know he had the slick back.. the boy was clean!

Anonymous said...

Boo - You can't be old enough to remember the Walk, can you?

mrsgrapevine - There are twelve step programs for all kinds of things, but Morris Day and The Time obsession, now that I don't know about.

msmarvalus - And he can't seem to keep his hands off his own hair thru the video. He was hilarious back in the day.

sjp - I almost posted Cool instead of Walk.

ShAĆ© - ShAĆ© - Not the Oak Tree! Yet another dance that Morris Day and The Time came up with. About that brotha, all it takes is a beat to get us moving I guess!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha! I don't know what to say about Morris he was a character and so in love with himself and his hair LOL!! But today is his day because a couple of OSF feature him! (His big comeback, LOL LOL!!)

I also posted James Brown. I'm surprised that man never broke his darn ankles!!

Anonymous said...

When I saw the Morris Day video, I was thinking how much those two guys looked like Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. Thank the lord for Wikipedia, because with a little diggin' around, I found out those two guys started off touring with Morris Day who opened for Prince. Great vid picks!

Marcus LANGFORD of MLDTees.com

Believer said...

Sorry for the serious delay in visiting your OSF, but you know sometimes life happens.

I’m wondering if James’ feet were insured. That brother had moves!

Oh, and please update my profile name on this week’s OSF. Thanks!

DP said...

Regina - Morris always cracked me up. Jerome too with that mirror. james Brown was the man. Listening to his lyrics today you realize how powerful they truly were. Miss that.

Marcus - You learn something new every OSF huh? Prince started all of those guys off. Thanks for coming through.

Believer 1964 - I understand about life. Blogging is cool, but it does not pay the bills yet.

I'll make the change for tomorrow's post. Thanks for coming through and see you then.