Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Friends - How Many Of Us Have Them?

What's up y'all? I'm back for my biannual blog post.

That's right, after a couple of years posting at a furious rate (which happened to coincide with a national election, but that's beside the point), I've been reduced to patting myself on the back for posting for the second time this year.

Talk about lowering your expectations.

Regardless, I'm compelled to post now because I've made a new friend. Well not really new, I've known her for a while. In fact we even dated, got married, and had kids. But we weren't friends until now. That's right, my wife friended me on Facebook. Which is cool. Very cool in fact. But what took so long?

Actually I know the answer to that question, which is she didn't have a Facebook account until a few days ago. Which I set up. Here's the story: She'd been searching high and low for a friend of hers from back in the day to no avail. My suggestion was to look for her on Facebook, which met some initial resistance. But y'all know your boy DP doesn't take a no as no. It just means not right now. So I set up the account, Showed her how to use it, and lo and behold she found her friend within 5 minutes.

Technology, it's amazing.

Anyway, I'm rambling on about all of this to say that I've found a lot of my own friends on Facebook lately too, and keep in better touch with those who aren't long lost. So here's to you Steve, Sheryl, Teresa, Steve, David, Joanie, John, Anissa, Haywood, Glen, Shunte', Tonya, Devin, Cedric, Roz, Mary, Ray, Randy and all of the rest of you who've connected or reconnected over the past few months. Thanks for friending me, and ain't social networking grand?

Stay in Touch!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!!! WOW, I can't believe it! Updating my blogroll and low and behold I find that my hermit blogging friend DP has post not once but twice in this year! This is the second comment on your blog in a week for me, let me find out you want to be a semi-regular blogger again! I think it is great that your wife is on facebook! I have found friends from long ago and caught up with new ones and older ones who **ehem** don't blog as regular as I would like!
Have a GREAT day!!

DP said...

What's up Regina? Now you know I'm a lazy blogger. I've laid claim to that a long time ago! But to your point I'm making an effort to post a little more frequently. Bear with me.

Hope you and yours are doing well, and have a great weekend!

Angie-in-Japan said...

Hey DP!! Hope you are having a GREAT year! I have missed coming here. Ready to blog about Japan again whenever/if it is OK. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that a friend I had been trying to find for over 35 years recently found me on facebook. It was such a WONDERFUL moment.

Stay blessed...and best of wishes to you and yours this year.

Steve said...

Not all technology is great but Facebook allowed me to find you after all these years so it must be a good thing. What amazes me more is that after losing touch all these years, once we were together again we picked up right where we left off like it was yesterday. I am glad to see you blogging again, I hope I had something to do with that, hahaha. I have missed you my brother August will not arrive soon enough I may have to make a trip south.