Thursday, May 15, 2008

John Edwards Timely (CPT) Endorsement

Psst, I've got a hot tip on the Kentucky Derby. Put all your money on Big Brown. And I guarantee you that the New York Giants are going to win the 2008 Super Bowl.

Alright, I know both of those events are already over and done with, but with John Edwards finally getting around to endorsing Barack Obama for the Democratic nomination for President, I figure why not do some endorsing of my own. Maybe he's just operating on CPT. If you don't know what that is, ask one of your friends of color, but think EST, CST, PST, etc. In that respect, my endorsements are at least as timely.

All kidding aside, I'm glad Edwards made his choice. I also think that the Obama campaign orchestrated the announcement extremely well; after Hillary's "huge" win in W. Virginia; and in the state of Michigan. The net result is they took Hillary out of the news cycle, and threw a bone to those upset voters in Michigan who were screwed by the selfishness of their state party leaders. Pretty darn clever.


Also, Obama and Edwards look pretty good together. I'm not sure if he would be the best VP running mate, but hey, I can think of worse choices. The only drawback I can see is that he was the VP running mate last time too, which might lead to an always the bridesmaid, never the bride type of narrative. But as far as attack themes go, that would be relatively minor.

So thanks John Edwards, and welcome to the party. And as for Hillary, I think the lady in the pantsuit is through warming up. Hint, hint. It's time to get on with the general election campaign.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am waiting for that official announcement of the Obama/Edwards ticket!

Anonymous said...

Hey Regina,

They do look the part of a winning ticket don't they? I guess we'll have to wait and see who else's name gets thrown in the mix, but Edwards definitely looks like the front runner right now.