Reality check. Hillary Clinton has virtually no chance to win the Democratic presidential nomination. Barack Obama has garnered more votes, delegates, and states won during the campaign process, and barring sleight of hand tricks or back room maneuvering at the convention, Hillary Clinton cannot win.
Having no shot, the Clinton's are running a scorched earth campaign. This so-called "kitchen sink" strategy has taken this campaign into the gutter and racialized it. Additionally, statements from Hillary and Bill Clinton have all but endorsed John McCain's candidacy and will not help Democrats win the general election in the fall. In fact, they serve the exact opposite purpose. The Clinton campaign has helped transform a sure victory for Democrats and progressive causes into a shaky proposition at best.
In the process, the historic unity on display earlier in the campaign among people of different races, genders, ages, economic status, and every other political measuring stick, is on the verge of being shattered solely to satisfy her personal ambition. As a result Black voters, historically the most reliable voting constituency in the Democratic Party, have been alienated to the point where there is open talk of abandoning the Democrats altogether.
For these reasons and many more There... Already is supporting the call for Hillary Rodham Clinton to "Concede Now" so that the vital work of bringing the party back together to compete in the general election can get underway.
If you agree, please sign the petition. If you've already signed, pass it on.
Update: Other steps you can take include:
- Did you sign the petition, yet? (smile)
- Call the Democratic National Committee on (202) 863-8000 to express your opinion.
- Contact the Democratic National Committee with a link to the petition to let them know your position on this matter.
- Contact superdelegates that have not committed
- Contact Hillary Clinton directly with a request for her to concede the nomination in the interests of party unity and our nation's future.