You didn't think I would leave you for the holidays without giving you one of my favorite recipes well did you? Well this is truly a favorite cookie recipe for myself (and not just because I use oatmeal) but it's also a favorite for my family as well. If you follow the recipe to the letter they will come out perfect every time.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 c.coconut oil (not the cheap stuff)
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. oatmeal
1-3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 c. pecans
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Grind oatmeal to a powder in processor. Combine with flour, salt, baking powder and soda. dd dry
- ingredients to creamed mixture and beat slowly, just to mix. Stir in chocolate chips
- and pecans. Batter will be stiff, and using ice cream scoop, shape into balls about the size of golf balls.
- Drop on sheet 2" apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Let cool 1 to 2 minutes
*****Okay now for all you people who would like one of "MY" favorite recipes, well you can't have it! No just joking.
About 2 cups of cashews
1/3 cup of coconut flakes
4-5 non dry dates (soft)
About 7 pecan halves
- Mix all of these ingredients in a food processor until items are still a bit chunky and not quite a puree
- Taste it to determine if a dash a cinnamon or more or less of an item should be added
Good Luck :-)