Tuesday, May 06, 2008

News And Notes - Bloggers Roundtable

I'm back in Houston after a quick trip north to Big D. Of course, I've been MIA on a lot of important news items over the past couple of days, and I'll do my best to catch up. But before that, a few acknowledgments.

On Monday, I made what I hope will not be my last appearance on NPR during the Bloggers Roundtable segment of News and Notes with Farai Chideya. Kym Platt of Ask This Black Woman, and Desmond Burton of Afronerd shared the segment.

Thanks to NPR's Devin Robins and Ernest Champell; Devin for extending the invitation to appear, and Ernest for producing the segment, dealing with my ridiculous schedule changes, and making studio arrangements for me in Dallas rather than Houston as originally planned.

Thanks also to Farai Chideya, host of News and Notes for moderating a great discussion and making it real easy for this national radio rookie. Now, about that last question concerning Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey...

To Bruce Faulconer at Cakemix Recording in Dallas, TX, I appreciate your outstanding hospitality and patience, and the great conversation. Thanks for a first rate studio experience. If any of our readers require music recording, commercials, voiceover, or sound design of any kind, and want your recording done in a state of the art facility, I strongly encourage you to touch base with Bruce.

And finally, to those of you who tried to listen to the segment on the station listing I provided for Houston. While KUHT is our fine NPR affiliate here in Houston, the News and Notes segment airs on KTSU 90.9 FM. Please accept my apologies for this error, and you can listen to the segment here.

No comments: