Friday, May 30, 2008

Musical Interlude: Old School Friday - Philly Soul

Happy Old School Friday!

I'm getting my post up kind of late in the day, so y'all forgive me because as I've said before, Life intrudes.

Today's theme is Philly Soul and to mean that only means one thing - The O'Jays. Well two things - The O'Jays and Gamble and Huff. The O'Jays of course are one of the most prolific vocal groups ever with a string of hits dating from the early 1970's. Gamble and Huff are the production team universally credited with the "Philadelphia Sound.

So for my post today (which I'm sure will hardly be original), here are The O'Jays, produced by Gamble and Huff.

That's it for now, and don't forget to check out the rest of the Old School Friday crew.

Electronic Village - Chatting Over Cocktails - Ms Grapevine - Quick - Marcus LANGFORD - Cassandra - Danielle-Lisa C -Chocl8t - DP - Kreative Talk -MarvalusOne - Regina - LaShonda -AJ - Sharon - Invisible Woman - Believer 1964 -Dee - SJP - sHaE-sHaE - Songs In the Key of Life - Shawn - Hagar’s Daughter - freshandfab - Creole Pimp

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to figure out how I missed your post, but I guess you got started late.

O'Jays was the popular choice this weekend.

DP said...

MrsG - You're right, I got started late on Friday and didn't really get a chance to make the rounds. I'll get that done before Friday though!