Monday, May 19, 2008

Moving Sucks

Posting has been a little light around here because I'm in the process of moving my office from one part of town to another. Have I mentioned that moving sucks?

I say that because I'm in the 4th day of a 1 day office move. What was supposed to be simply to pack up, wait for the movers, go to the new place, and unpack, has truly moved into the realm of the surreal.

Consider the moving company, after estimating that it would take a semi-trailer to relocate our and our co-locatee's offices, showed up with a 14 box truck instead.

Our how about the 4 man crew that mysteriously shrank to 2 by the time they arrrived.

Or the pain in the butt building management that would not allow anything to be moved or staged until 5:30 PM.

And I won't even mention that same buildings slower than molasses freight elevator, that broke on about the 4th trip down.

Do I need to go on? I could but I won't. Thankfully everything is in place now, and it's just a matter of getting it organized in the new space.

Now, wait a minute, why isn't this phone working?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I don't know if I should laugh or cry...
You moved from one part of town to another and your story is horrific. I will be moving 15 people (4 households) from NY to TX in July, your story is not at all making me feel good about this move!!!

Big Tex said...

Moving sucks under the best of circumstances, but when you have a crappy mover it makes things a hundred times worse. I feel your pain...

Anonymous said...

@Regina - Hey now, don't let this little move of mine make you faint of heart. Your move is going to be smooth sailing. And the whole family is coming? That's a good thing. Keep me posted because I want to be the first to welcome y'all to Texas!

@Big Tex - Moving is usually a pain, which is why I try not to do it too often. I remember when I bought my first truck, the first thing my friend said was "hey, I'm moving this weekend, you think you can uh..."

Been a down hill spiral from there.