Saturday, May 03, 2008

Houston - Over and Out

Another first round playoff exit for the Rockets, this time not even making it to a game 7. Utah blew them out of the gym last night, and it wasn't even close.

He gets basically no credit when they win and all of the blame when they lose, but you really can't put this one on T-Mac. He did his part with 40 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists. The question is where was everybody else?

Oh well, no point in dwelling on it. I mean without Yao Ming for half the season they did win 55 games, and had a 22 game winning streak in the middle of it. That's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but we all know that sports are about championships.

So like I said
when I first started this blog, I'm There... Already with my teams collapsing down the stretch and in the playoffs. Sure enough, just like last year, both of my favorite teams (Cowboys, Rockets) did it again this year.

But the beauty of being a sports fan is that there's always next year. Yao will be back (I hope), and this team has a lot of young talent. They'll make another run. In the meantime, somebody let me know who wins the whole thing because I'm through watching for a while.

No comments: