Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Speech (or That Conversation on Race You've Been Waiting For )

Barack Obama delivers one of the greatest speeches I've ever heard. This one speech provides an opening for the American people to address the issues of our past and present in a constructive manner which can help us all move forward as a country.

No matter what happens in the election from this point, I am so proud of Barack Obama for saying what absolutely needed to be said in such a way that nobody can claim they don't understand.


Hyperbole? Just Listen.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with your analysis and I appreciate you sharing the YouTube video of the speech. I saw it live and I thought it was the best speech on race relations in America since MLK's I Have A Dream...

Obama is running for president. Hopefully this speech will be well-received by the voters in Pennsylvania and the remaining primary states...

I encourage you and your readers to join reactions on the Obama speech with us over at the Electronic Village if you have time or inclination...

peace, Villager

peace, Villager

DP said...

Villager,

I appreciate you dropping by and I added my voice to the lively discussion going on at your place. I think this speech was as timely as it was necessary. An opening has been provided for dialogue rather than demonization. I hope his opponents and Americans in general grasp the opportunity.

@pbuzz.com said...

DP,

You hit the nail on the head! Like you, after hearing this heartfelt speech I was truly proud. If by chance he does not get the nomination or elected president, I believe he has solidified his place by positioning this issue in such a way that America is forced to deal with it.

P-Buzz

DP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DP said...

@pbuzz - The speech was definitely an inspiration, a call to what America can be.

Now to the real question - where you been man? This blog needs a post from you!