Friday, October 05, 2007

May I Introduce...



First of all, I'd like to start by thanking God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit and The Head-Brother-In-Charge that turned me on to your blog and invited me to join and express my opinions from time to time.

Second. I'd like to make it plain that I am not one of the accomplished academics sitting comfortably back on a pile of degrees and accolades studying the world through a polished telescope fine tuned by years and years of lectures, white papers, and standardized education that ensured once the proper principles were applied, we are guaranteed to come up with all of the right answers. I cannot even be easily categorized or classified as a Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative, Anti-American, Anti-Communist, Religions Zealot, Radical or Rebel. (Even though I can be a little of all of these when I feel the situation calls for it.)

But, what I am is a Researcher. Every weekend, I make it a point to dig deeply into the stories behind the headlines around the world then follow the trail of untrained "common sense" until my viewpoint of the truth emerges and takes form. My research categorizes the news into Politics, Economics, Entertainment and Social Injustice. But, when you drill down to the core of the matter, all of these categories are one and the same: Who's doing right and who's doing wrong no matter what they're doing.

My goal is total enlightenment based on a thorough examination and understanding of the forces at work to disturb our opportunities for world peace and justice. (To me, the term "Terrorist" is relative.) My objective is to present the unedited information as it appeared in print from around the world. (Although I can't help putting a biblical "spin" on a story every once in my introductions. After all, I'm sure you'll soon be able to discern that there's a Higher Force at work anyway.)

Third. I'm very thick-skinned. I'm secure enough in who I am that I don't feel the need to always be right or even well liked. Once the facts hit the table, if they totally discredit all other opinions and alternative views....that's the truth. Period. Plus, the news I plan to present does not originate with me. I am only The Messenger. So, you can take it or leave it. I will never argue about whether or not it is accurate or biased. My aim is just to ensure that you don't miss the story. Sometimes, they're a matter of life or death.

My pursuit is to instigate the type of honest dialog needed to arrive at The Truth. Once we get there, that's all that's needed. Then, and only then, can we expand into how to get some things figured out and maybe even...fixed.

Fourth. I feel that where I am or where I'm from is irrelevant. I don't even think it matters whether I'm young or old. Male or female. Black or purple. When I present my research, I try to remove all personality from it and present only what the press is saying is going on around this world. Because, let's face it, the whole world is The Ghetto anyway. Your view of it pretty much depends on the altitude of your vantage point. (Six degrees of separation between the whole. Three degrees of separation between the "hoods". No matter whom you are or where you live on this planet.) The struggle continues.

Finally, all that said, I look forward to bringing whatever I can to this group. My mission is to ensure that the real issues behind the headlines are explored. Not the manufactured, diversionary politics and "spin" that usually hits the evening news. Let's take a hard look at what's really going on and try to draw our own patterns and come to our own conclusions. Am I the only one that's sick and tired of other people who don't have a clue of what my world is really like telling me how I should feel about those issues that most affect me? (As I said, my search is for truth and enlightenment.)

Now. This is where my stories begin. Just call me...Isaiah Too.

No comments: