Sunday, September 16, 2007

Food for Thought

This weekend with the help of my very sweet husband I challenged myself to eat totally raw for one day, nothing cooked or processed.

The next day, I went out with a friend for a semi-unhealthy breakfast. After I guzzled down a bunch of food that I don't usually eat, I was left feeling tired and sluggish. So what do I do when I need a bit of an energy boost? I drink a V8.

No! No! Not the kind in the store thats full of salt and has had most of the life cooked out of it, but the homemade kind you receive all of your nutrients from. Here's my recipe.



2 large tomatoes
2 medium-sized carrots
1/4 small beet (wash well)
2 cups of spinach
1/4 head fresh cabbage
1/4 red bell pepper
1/4 green bell pepper
2 stalks celery
1/4 sweet onion
1/2 clove garlic or less if you don't care for garlic
Half of a Kale leaf (a little goes a long way so be careful)
Salt to taste

Run all the vegetables through your juicer, add salt to taste, and then sit back and enjoy the healthiest vegetable juice blend around.

After I drank half of a cup of this stuff I was my ol' energetic self.

Remember guys eating healthy shouldn't be a diet, but a lifestyle change, so take it one day at a time. And look out for my next post, it will have some real MEAT to it.

Until Next Time

No comments: